Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

A few days ago (maybe even 2 weeks?? really? that long?) I posted a picture of these yummy chocolate chip peanut butter cookies on my Facebook wall and said I would post the recipe on my blog soon (sorry). I also mentioned how I was salivating as I baked them and tasted the cookie dough (who, me?). I have to face facts: I am spineless when it comes to homebaked cookies and cookie dough. I love them! Everything about them: the decision of which cookie to make, the wonder at how flour and sugar and eggs and etcetera combine to make the most delightful little cookies, the taste-testing of the dough, the smell, and the final result! Who invented this idea? I don't know that I could look at flour and eggs and etcetera and say to myself, "Self, I just bet if I combined all these ingredients and dropped them by little spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and baked them, they would taste great!" But I am oh so glad that somebody or somebodies gave it a whirl!!

The recipe I found comes from the most delicious website I have run across lately: Bakerella. Her website just makes me want to bake everything she posts! Wait till you see her Valentine cookies, oh my oh my! Here's a link: http://www.bakerella.com/ .  Take some time to peruse her site; you will be so glad you did!

Just FYI: I did not roll them in the pecans since I knew my grandson would be eating these, and he doesn't like nuts right now (he's 4, I'm sure he'll love them eventually!), but I can see where adding the pecans would make these 'serve at any event' cookies, for sure. Also, I tend to make my cookies a little smaller just because I like them bite-size; it's a visual thing for me -- I'd rather eat 4 cookies than 2. Also, other than no pecans, my cookies looked exactly like Bakerella's (always a good thing!)!

Here is her recipe for the cookies I made:

Dark Chocolate Chip Comfort Cookies from http://www.bakerella.com/

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teasoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 oz. dark chocolate chips
chopped pecans, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda, and salt using a wire whisk and set aside. In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. (If desired, roll balls in chopped pecans.) Place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Place cookies on cookie rack to cool. Makes about 30, 2-inch cookies.

Send a comment and let me know how you liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment